A Stronger Landcare
After many months of review, negotiation and preparation, one single independent body will represent all interests and activities for Landcare in Victoria after 3rd April 2017.
The new Landcare Victoria Incorporated (LVI) is the result of the merger of the Farm Tree and Landcare Association and the Victorian Landcare Council.
Landcare Victoria Inc will be the State Peak Body incorporating the administration, systems and services of both organisations under one banner.
The new organisation is committed to being a strong voice for Landcare with government, other organisations and the public.
A key aim of Landcare Victoria Inc is to enable community based caring for the land by groups of like-minded people.
The organisation intends to achieve this by:
- fostering community learning and action;
- participating in government policy development; and.
- facilitating collaboration between Landcare, Catchment Management Authorities and all levels of government
- representing Landcare in Victoria at a National Level;
- supporting members and member group in activities to promote and assist sustainable land and water management practices.